Monday, May 17, 2010

Blogger Jim Rolls on!

Many weeks since my last post and time to catch up.
I'm down to 231 pounds (started at 245) and am feeling good about things. The best part of this is that I've developed good eating habits vs. 'dieting'. In other words, I feel like I'm not in danger of 'going back to old habits. That's brings a peace of mind I don't mind having.
Five things that have changed for me in the past month or so:
1) I eat better food. Fattening snacks are out (with rare exception) and fruit is in.
2) I have smaller portions at each meal and snack in between.
3) Water intake, although not regularly there, is much better.
4) I'm aware of what I eat now - I'm staying on top of logging my meals for the most part.
5) Although I've not started an exercise regimen, I do walk whenever I get the opportunity. I go to NYC for business a fair amount and haven't taken a cab in months. Also, every day before baseball practice at the High School, I walk the perimeter of the field two or three times before the kids show up.

Keys to my success so far; No dramatic changes - just a raised awareness of what I eat and great coaching from Noreen Gallo.

No comments:

Post a Comment